How does Minotaure work?
The idea of Minotaure is to take care of all the phases of a project, from the first ideas to the launch and then to its follow-up and maintenance in the long term. Within the case of a digital project (a website for example, but it can also be an application), we have split the process into 9 steps.
1. Strategy. This is a stage that we call “discovery”: reflection, putting things into perspective, questioning, we work in workshops. We think about the user experience, with the aim of laying solid foundations for the rest of the project. This is the first stage, it may seem long, it may seem superfluous, and yet it is essential: without this reflection on the direction to take, everything else risks being shaky (and therefore fragile, and certainly disappointing).
2. Information architecture. This is the key element in organising everything: site map, data model, user journey through your site, where you want to take them. To put it another way: you know you want a house with 18 rooms, 3 bathrooms and a garden. You need to draw up the plans so that the construction can be done properly!
3. UX Design. We make prototypes (or wireframes) of the main interfaces. This mock-up does not look like the final product (there is no graphic design yet), but it allows us to check that the pages work well, that we have all the modules and that the menu is coherent. It is a realistic interface and ready to pass the usability tests.
4. UI Design. This time, we talk about colours, shapes and moods. A moodboard is created to validate with you the atmosphere you prefer, then each block is dressed with colours, typography and effects. The identity of your organisation is projected onto the future pages of your site!
These first 4 steps require a lot of thought, questioning and consultation. To ensure that they run smoothly, you need to take the necessary time and not let them go to waste. Up to now your site has only been a concept, from the next stage onwards it will have a real existence.
5. Front-end and back-end development. The project passes into the hands of our back and front-end developers, who, using proven technologies, create all the components of your site, make the necessary links, connections and configurations, dress it all up and establish what will be your future administration panel.
6. Content. This step is an in-between step that varies from project to project. You can take care of it entirely, or we can accompany you, advise you, or even do everything according to your brief. It is a question of filling in the blocks, perfecting the atmosphere of the site, providing material to be appreciated and meaning for the Internet users who will pass through.
7. Testing. Is everything ready? Do we have everything? Are the texts consistent? The languages? The pages, the menu? The forms? What if I add a link? Remove an image? Click everywhere? Upload a document? In this phase, the site is tested in all its forms (from both sides: yours and ours!) – design, behaviour, database, ergonomics, performance. A report of the whole is drawn up.
8. Launching. Since the first time we talked about the project, we have been looking forward to this moment: the website is online. You can now give the link to everyone you know and invite them to visit it!
9. Maintenance. This is the life of the project in the long term. Its hosting, its updates, its adjustments, its security.